June 30, 2021
Most business owners are focused on building a business and not a brand. This myopic view of selling products/services and making profits rather than building a strong brand will lead to an inevitable exit. The products/services that a business offers are only relevant till there are better substitutes in the market. And in the current competitive world, there are new and improved products hitting the market every couple of years.
On the other hand, brands are more resilient to short-term market changes and stand the test of time. In a report published by the Bank of Korea that looked at 41 countries, there were 5,586 companies older than two centuries. Moreover, your brand identity will serve as your key competitive advantage. Focusing your efforts on increasing brand awareness can help the target users recall your brand, leading to the purchase of your products/services. In addition, your brand will add intangible value to your business with the reputation, feel and experience that the customers associate with it.
So, how do you build a solid online brand presence? Below are a few tips that can help you systemically approach this process:
• Identify your business goals and strategize your brand positioning
• Personify your brand
• Build a captivating website
• Create value-adding, high-quality content consistently
• Take advantage of infographics and video content for visual storytelling
• Demonstrate your expertise or unique offering(s) through your content
• Devise a solid social media strategy
• Use different social media tools to achieve specific actions from your customers
• Be responsive online and show up on forums where your audience is present
• Optimize your site for search engines using SEO techniques
• Encourage customers to write online reviews
• Include paid advertising as a part of your marketing strategy
• Ask for signups on your site and build an email list
• Experiment with referral programs and influencer marketing
• Analyze the results from your online marketing efforts to optimize them regularly
What are some steps you have taken to boost your brand awareness? Let us know in the comments below.